1. E-mail is a common way of contacting puppy sellers through PupsUSA.com. It is recommended that you also talk to the breeder by phone. Ask questions about the parents of the puppy and where the pup is being raised. If at all possible go meet the breeder and pick the puppy up yourself. If you can't go meet the puppy and the breeder, request additional pictures of the puppy that include the date picture was taken. Digital cameras can be adjusted to automatically include directly on the image the date and time the picture was taken. This will help verify that they actually have the puppy you are purchasing.
2. Ask the breeder for referrals: their vet and other customers that have purchased from them in the past. Contact these people by phone to see what their experience was. (Though this might be helpful, it is doubtful you would get a referral from someone who had a bad experience.)
3. You are cautioned against using Western Union to transfer funds. Be certain you are dealing with a reputable breeder prior to giving your credit card information. Most breeders will accept checks or payment through PayPal. However, they will want to make sure the payment clears their account prior to releasing the puppy to you. Use PayPal whenever possible. Many breeders accept cash only. If PupsUSA.com indicates the breeder is from within the United States or Canada, but they want you to send money to another Country... don't purchase that pup!
4. Make sure you read the breeder's contract and that they offer a health guarantee before you put a deposit on a puppy. Also check out the laws in that state to see what they must cover in case the puppy has health issues. If the breeder makes a special offer or tells you something different from the contract, make sure it is in writing and signed by both parties.
Many breeders require spay/neuter as part of the sales agreement. If you are purchasing a puppy and expecting breeding rights, make sure you cover this subject with the breeder prior to giving any money. After money has passed hands, it may be too late.
5. We cannot guarantee the business ethics of any of the sellers that advertise their puppies on PupsUSA.com, But if you have a valid complaint about a breeder, please use the scam alert button or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate the matter. If found that their business practices do not meet our standards, we will deny that seller use of PupsUSA.com.
6. PupsUSA.com will not hold funds for any seller or buyer. We do not act as an escrow service and we do not engage in the actual sales of animals. PupsUSA, part of the BreedersClub.net advertising network, is engaged solely in the advertising of pets for sale and related products. If someone tells you otherwise, do not do business with that person.
We hope you find your next family member and enjoy your stay with us. If you have any questions feel free to contact us at 541-997-0131 or 405-634-7551 email us at email@example.com.